Here are some of the masks and the people that made them during our posterboard mask making workshop for teens at the CHN Homeschool Expo this last June. I wrote about the idea and the inspiration for this workshop in a previous post.
As expected, they blew me away with an abundance of unexpected ideas. I was also treated to some great conversations about materials and creative process.
One young man came over to show off some amazing and elaborate masks he had made and brought with him to the expo. He didn’t do a posterboard mask, but he was very excited about the Yupic Eskimo mask samples I was showing participants, and left determined to learn more.
They did stick mostly with the black felt markers (my favorite, too). As you can see, however, it was good to also have other colors available. Their intricate cut-outs left me feeling a bit lazy. Mine looked quick and dirty next to their tightly and carefully trimmed contours.
There was an ongoing Wii Smash Bros. tournament going on in the same room (that went on for most of the expo weekend), but for some reason, our little corner felt quiet, even serene.
One-eyed masks were popular.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
Sorry. No data so far.
- Buy Design
- Cool Stuff
- Creative Process
- Design for Surfaces
- In Brief
- Learning All the Time
- Making Projects Work
- My Wifi Life
- Pattern Design
- Product Development
- Social Networks
- Tech Innovation
- Textile Design
- The Boy
- User Experience
- User Experience Design
- Web Design
Penina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.