If you’ve read any of my articles on the subject, you already know the term “branding” annoys me because it’s so horribly misused. Most of the time, when people talk about it they just mean “logo”. As awesome as is the art of logo creation, using the B-word like this is to reduce a beautiful and powerful idea to its most superficial level.
Here’s a collection of articles I’ve written about the subject. Some are here because they’ve got some valuable overlap:
Here on the blog
- Ready to reach past Brand Logo to Brand Values?
- Bruce Mau’s Dorado Beach Identity Design
- Genuine Brand Inspires Details (a quick note)
- Design Consistency: Relax a Little
- Your product is changing. Have you caught up?
- Pretty Is as Pretty Does (another quick note)
- OK, I Give Up (one more quick note—these are good, so don’t skip them)
- Is templating killing your brand? (on Webdesigner Depot)
- How to build irresistible websites by designing for emotion (on Webdesigner Depot)
- Logo Design: Why Are the Prices so Varied? (on Answers.com)
- Choosing the Right Typeface: Creative Decision-making Techniques (on Answers.com)
Photo: Derek Gavey
- Buy Design
- Cool Stuff
- Creative Process
- In Brief
- Learning All the Time
- Making Projects Work
- My photos
- My Wifi Life
- Pattern Design
- Product Development
- Social Networks
- Tech Innovation
- Textile Design
- The Boy
- User Experience
- User Experience Design
- Web Design
Penina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.