Vees Café in the Mid-City area of Los Angeles is a “best kept secret” for wifiers seeking great fare, solid wifi and a down-to-earth, relaxed vibe.
Coffee: Very Good
Food: Very Good
Wifi: Effortless, solid
Ambience/Decor: Cozy, funky, local art; lots of indoor seating, some outdoor seating
Ambience/Business: Good for solo work and small meetings
Service: Friendly, gracious
Clientele: Locals, families, some businesspeople
Bathroom: Always clean; No place to put your stuff down (though the sink edge is usually clean and dry)
Beyond espresso (they pride themselves on their organic coffees), Vees has fresh juices and a good-sized menu covering breakfast, lunch and dinner. We especially love their grilled paninis and salads. In fact, I go here at least as often for dinner as I do for wifi and coffee.
The whole staff is friendly and super gracious. The overall atmosphere is generally low key and quiet—a real find in the city!
5412 W. Adams Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA. 90016
Penina’s Wifi Etiquette
- Buy stuff. Do I really need to say this? After seeing otherwise with my own eyes, it turns out I do. My rule of thumb is to buy something about every two hours.
- Be gracious. Your two coffees and a scone aren’t doing all that much to pay the rent for the hours you spend in a café. Help make it a friendly, welcoming place so they can attract and keep more customers.
- Follow the rules. Busy urban areas limit wifi use because higher costs require them to generate quicker turnover. Sometimes plug placement is limited: if your power cord is a tripping hazard, then don’t use it (or negotiate with the wifier closer in to swap locations so you can charge up).
- Be considerate. Go outside to make phone calls.
- Be very considerate. Your laptop should not make a sound—not even little beeps: use headphones. Same for the radio you brought to follow the game.
- Tip generously. And tip again if you’re there through a shift change.
- Buy Design
- Cool Stuff
- Creative Process
- In Brief
- Learning All the Time
- Making Projects Work
- My photos
- My Wifi Life
- Pattern Design
- Product Development
- Social Networks
- Tech Innovation
- Textile Design
- The Boy
- User Experience
- User Experience Design
- Web Design
Penina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.