Thinking about jump-starting a living knowledgebase at work (or elsewhere)? Some readers like nice, long explanations. Most like that and a quick bottom-line read. Here are seven quick sparks for “Getting Your Hands on Wisdom”:
1. Look for and value chances for cross-departmental interaction
The more relaxed, the better.
2. Get yourself and your team out of the office regularly
Not just to the café — fresh air and (light) exercise works for grownups, too.
4. Find ways to temporarily forget the deadline
Bet you’re doing this already when you start checking your email. You can always set a timer if you’re worried you’ll never go back…
5. Find ways to at least temporarily suspend politics
Call it what it is, and if possible, poke a little fun at it.
6. Don’t forget the off-site folks, by any means available
Do they know everyone on the team? Do they know the go-to folks when you’re not around? Who has their IM address?
7. Wisdom-sharing works best when it’s fun
…otherwise, it’s stale and impotent. If you can’t figure out how to make it fun, lean on an expert!
- Buy Design
- Cool Stuff
- Creative Process
- In Brief
- Learning All the Time
- Making Projects Work
- My photos
- My Wifi Life
- Pattern Design
- Product Development
- Social Networks
- Tech Innovation
- Textile Design
- The Boy
- User Experience
- User Experience Design
- Web Design
Penina is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.